photo blogheader_zpstbffqjqe.jpg  photo about_zpsgiujxeiv.png  photo home_zpspagqab70.png  photo recipes_zpsdzbe1vbc.png  photo diy_zpsp4upu5gu.png

Friday, June 1, 2012

drum shade makeover ... ♥


hey girls! ♥
it's Friday! and according to my girlfriend, Saturday is craft day!
so wake up tomorrow and make stuff with me! (she's so smart)
remeber the hanging lamps in my craft space?


i wanted to spruce them up...

aren't they pretty?


i'm really pleased with the way they turned out!
(after many different attemps to go overboard on the flowers)
(lemme tell ya, hot glue & felt will never be un-stick from eachother)

i had lots of lace from the thrift store i got for $2 ... i think it was over 4 yards!
and some leftover felt


just some simple strips of both cut with pinking shears


and a little hot glue 






thread pearls on some twine and wrap it around as many times as you like :)
(i love this kinda stuff)




pretty-ness ... ♥



i love when something so pretty can be just that simple ♥



wanna make flowers?!
these are pretty big flowers, the largest i've ever made :)
wanted to show you how i did it...
come on ... let's make stuff!



make lots!
have fun!

much love ... ♥

12 comments:

  1. So so pretty. And simple! The lace is perfect. Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! The pearls and twine are perfect. And thanks for the flower tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this !!!

    I would love you to share this at my crafty linky party!!

    www.polkadot-pretties.blogspot.com

    Hope to see you there

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this !!!

    I would love you to share this at my crafty linky party!!

    www.polkadot-pretties.blogspot.com

    Hope to see you there

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this !!!

    I would love you to share this at my crafty linky party!!

    www.polkadot-pretties.blogspot.com

    Hope to see you there

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jaime...your hilarious!!! If only I lived closer so we could have dedicated craft days every week!!! ;) Oh and I will definitely be making those lamps..lol..so pretty!! ~Mar

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jaime, I love your project, they are sooooo pretty! Love your blog, and that you love the Lord too :)

    Hugs, Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are super cute. Great job Jamie! I would love if you came and linked up some of your great posts to my link party @ Show Off Monday on Kampen Lane. http://www.kampenlane.com/2012/06/show-off-monday-9.html

    ~Taylor-Ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your shade redo! The flowers are so pretty!
    I just found your blog recently and I am in love. Your craft room is a dream!
    xoxo, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jaimie, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  11. How beautiful! The rosettes look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG brilliantly simple--now tat u have explained it! thnx wil try-m also in the middle of a makeover for my apartment!
    http://neelngirlfriends.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete

comments ♥ i just love them and read them all (sometimes twice) (heehee) ...

Blogging tips