photo blogheader_zpstbffqjqe.jpg  photo about_zpsgiujxeiv.png  photo home_zpspagqab70.png  photo recipes_zpsdzbe1vbc.png  photo diy_zpsp4upu5gu.png

Sunday, July 22, 2012

growing blueberries ... ♥


this is the first summer we've had blueberry bushes
my husband planted two of them last fall
and now we have a small harvest :)




they are so sweet and delicious
how nice to have fresh fruit right in our backyard :)



we want to plant raspberry bushes next :)
the hubs also built a tree swing for the girls
looking up is where he attached the rope & clasp to the tree



this is what i found at the other end of it :)



any family favorite recipes that include blueberries?
i've seen a few yummy ones on Pinterest ... 
was thinking of trying these blueberry cream cheese muffins from i am baker


IMG_5198.stamp


maybe a batch for now & a batch to keep in the freezer for on-the-go mornings :)
yum .
i'll let ya know how they turn out ...
oh and i keep forgetting to tell you guys
i'm on instagram!  it's fun!
  i've been on for a while but just started getting into it these past few weeks
i even put a little thingy up in the sidebar
see it ... up there ... see it???
go find me! 
raisinguprubies
so i can follow you too :)


♥ much love

(vintage graphics courtesy of the Graphics Fairy ... just gotta love her)


6 comments:

  1. We love our blueberries here too...warm right off the bush. Loving that tree swing. Smiles..Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blueberries. We don't have any close by so we get ours from Michigan...and they are wonderful. I love your tree swing- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been having blueberries with my oatmeal every morning, and the bright pop of color makes me so happy! I wish mine were from my backyard and not from the store. Maybe next year...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh...I love blueberries! It's the coolest thing to grow your own. We have relatives with a large blueberry farm and get to go pick them every so often. If you freeze them without washing them in a zip lock bag you can take a handful out at a time, run them under water and throw them on top of cereal, oatmeal, ice cream...whatever. :)

    I'm glad you're all enjoying summer! :)

    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dont know if you saw on pinterest... to stick a whole bunch on a wooden skewer, dip in yogurt and freeze. :) I bet the girls would love it! XOXO ~e

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! What great pics...and I love that tree swing. How fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

comments ♥ i just love them and read them all (sometimes twice) (heehee) ...

Blogging tips