photo blogheader_zpstbffqjqe.jpg  photo about_zpsgiujxeiv.png  photo home_zpspagqab70.png  photo recipes_zpsdzbe1vbc.png  photo diy_zpsp4upu5gu.png

Sunday, May 13, 2012

silhouette pendants ♥




hope your mother's day was lovely ♥
i just want to say how touched i am 
the love & sweet words that flooded my email & comments were so kind!
the thought that you all would love my little space so much was amazing...
i can't wait to hear all about what you've done with new ideas

(oh, and for those who asked about plans for the table construction...
the hubs is going to work something up for me, 
since he did have graph paper plans and i've since lost them! yikes...
i'll try to put something up within the next week)

my girlfriend made beautiful pendants with silhouettes of her two daughters 
inspired from pinterest ... and i knew when i saw them i wanted to give them a try!
(which is simple to use once you get a feel for it)
i made my girls' silhouettes and added vintage flower graphics from here
i made one for myself and another for my mom
though these would really be a sweet gift for any occasion


pendants are from Hobby Lobby
chains were from Joanns



skipping the top coats over the faces resulted in the dimensional magic seeping through my paper, leaving blotchy marks that were not cute...shoulda taken a pic for you to see :(
i would say do 2-3 coats taking care to go right up to the edges (don't worry it all dries clear)



this was my first time experimenting with dimensional magic...it's well...magic!
in the top pic you can see the sheen from just the mod podge, the second shows the 
D-magic...it applies very cloudy, but also dries clear...
the package recommends 3 hours drying time
i left mine overnight and noticed in the a.m. that when it dries it sorta shrinks
you can keep adding layers of dimensional magic until you're happy with how it looks...
i was going for a beveled/dome/more puffy effect :)
it will dry clear each time
the jump rings are optional...it can be hung directly from a link on the chain
to have the pendants lay more flat, put them on the ring, 
then add the ring to a link on your chain 
(please forgive me if i'm not using correct jewlery supply thingy terms
...i'm just sorta wingin' this :)



pretty! ...give to someone you love (and who loves your kiddos)



here's a peek at what i woke up to this mother's day morning
sweetness ...♥




to all the moms who have children
who lost children
who desire children...
life was never promised to us hurt free...
but to be Held during the hurt 
is the guarantee from the One who knows you by name



the Lord bless you & keep you
the Lord make His face shine upon you
and be gracious to you
the Lord turn His face toward you 
and give you peace
numbers 6 ♥

much loves...
sweet parties here ... ♥


6 comments:

  1. Jaime..I love how they turned out!!! Def. going to try the D-magic on mine!! :) ~Mar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaime, what a great idea! I love how your project turned out and how this project is a perfect gift for friends and family. Thanks! You are indeed blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! Amazing! Amazing! I'm your newest follower and I can't wait to read more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally did something similar and I swear I didn't copy you!!! I actually love yours better than mine. How smart to put a colored flower on them. Love that!

    http://www.holy-craft.com/2012/06/mod-podge-silhouette-podgeables-charm.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made some earlier this year. These are lovely! I love the flowers on them. Great idea to layer mod podge. I just used photo paper and printed them and it helped the bleeding. Next time I will try this.
    Found your blog through I heart naptime. I love your craft room. What a darling family too! And I love your name too!

    ReplyDelete

comments ♥ i just love them and read them all (sometimes twice) (heehee) ...

Blogging tips