photo blogheader_zpstbffqjqe.jpg  photo about_zpsgiujxeiv.png  photo home_zpspagqab70.png  photo recipes_zpsdzbe1vbc.png  photo diy_zpsp4upu5gu.png

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

insta-monday ♥

oh hey. it's me
the never ending winter of 2014 sorta got to me.
it really took it's toll on me
and i think my blog fell asleep

so now it's spring
it's warm
well.. warmer
this is upstate after all
 i'm feeling the need to get back into the swing of things...
open up my shop maybe
looking for new direction
just pondering all these things

so here's a little bit of my insta
that is still a happy place for me
you can find me there
i'm @raisinguprubies



while on haitus i've been working on our family room ... it's coming along very happily
i hope it's a room we all love to live, laugh, play and just be in


covered my existing pillows with rag rugs from walmart
super cheap
super easy
super awesome looking


globes are awesome
whoever started the trend is awesome



and then there's this guy
well the picture kinda speaks for itself
yeah
he's mine
i love him
the shirt is from walk in love
he tried it on and i got to snap a few shots
go see ... they have tons of cool faith based stuff


change is good
black hair is good
so i changed my hair and dyed it black
i don't think i'll ever go back to brown
well maybe someday
but not anytime soon


sooooo these lamps?
$5 last summer at a garage sale
a little spray paint, fabric and look!
so neat ... love simple projects that hardly cost much
so gratifying
i hope to post about the family room soon with lotsa pictures




sometimes cake for breakfast is all you need
in your craft room is even better



realizing lately that prayer is powerful
not that i never knew that
but lately
its huge for me. i've prayed for years ... for some things
i think i just started to go through the motions thinking that God had something for me
other than what i was praying for ... i was struggling 
so much. but His promises are true. so so true
and i'm thinking He just wanted ... wants to take me deeper
deeper than my feet could. would ever wander on their own




did some cleaning in my studio
but it's a mess again ... but it's a bright happy colorful mess
the best kind.



 was so honored to be featured on GoodHousekeeping.com



these girls.
i just love them.
so much



my friend Becky over at Clean Mama just released her new book 
full of organic, do it yourself cleaning product recipes
perfect timing ... spring cleaning 




See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands ... isaiah forty nine. sixteen.
i wear this almost everday ... from my sweet friend's etsy shop here



lots of new supplies have been coming in over the past few months
i have lots of new ideas ... just need to be inspired, motivated ... excited :)



how is your spring season going so far?
cleaning? organizing? just enjoying the sunshine maybe ...
tell me. i'd love to hear
much love ♥

24 comments:

  1. YAY my girl Jaime is kinda back!! Come on sweetie you are to precious to be so down. Have you ever noticed that D words have something in common with the DarnDevil!! It's that D!! I too got Down but feel I am getting my mojo back!! I am working on two special orders and I keep hearing God saying see I made a way for you!! As I always get myself Down and He lifts me back up!! Looking at the pics of your family Girl you have to get back UP and show God how you appreciate what He has given you the family and the gifts you give others!! I have to remember that God gave me my talent also. And girl you get to be a stay home Wife and Mom to do it!! Look in the mirror sweet girl you got this!! I love ya XOXO Fran. PS Getting my Preachin on here today!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fran you're the best :) you made me smile today ... thanks gurl!
      much love to you ♥

      Delete
  2. Glad to have you back!! Love the black hair! I too have spent a lot of time praying. It's been a rough couple of months, but thankfully God saw me through it. Loving the bright, colorful family room especially the fun globes!!. So glad to have you back!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Crystal! just need to get back into the groove! :)
      globes are the best aren't they?! thanks so much for the sweet comment ♥

      Delete
  3. Great to see fun, colorful, pretty stuff on my screen again. You have such talent and your ideas are so fresh and unique. Can't wait to see what comes of all the new goodies. And yeah, I think, actually know, that your husband needs to get a modeling gig. Seriously. I thought he was a model then said "ah, no that is her husband lookin' like a model". Serious. Enjoy the sun shiney days and I think we will all remember the Winter of 2014. Which includes the never ending winter break from school. Which I personally enjoyed a few more days of family coziness. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thanks so much for you sweet words!! he's a hottie that's for sure and still makes my heart beat a little faster after 15 years ;) i appreciate your visit and your encouragement! happy wednesday ♥

      Delete
  4. This was exactly the way I needed to start my day. Beautiful pictures and much inspiration. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rug pillow covers = genius!
    Checking out walk in love now.
    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the shout out, Jaime! And happy you're getting back in the swing. It's been a L....O....N....G winter. Blessings and congrats to you on the awesome article on GH!
    xo, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jaime!!! Glad to see your back. I kept looking on your blog everyday or so though :)
    Do you think you can do a "How To" for your lamp shades redo or maybe share a Pinterest post on how to? I love how this looks, but have no idea :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! yes i'll be sharing more about how i covered the lamp shades, and a few other projects in the room :) thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  8. I understand needing a new direction but please keep selling those adorable little dresses! I've been waiting for you to come back!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! thanks so much! my shop will be back soon, and yes the dresses are still going to be around :)
      happy rest of the week ♥

      Delete
  9. Congrats on the layout online; Great news!! And your pictures are always so inviting and encourages me to make my home fun + colorful + uniquely mine. Love those globes; so hard to find them where I live--but will press on.
    xox- Susan @SugarBeans.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Susan :) i was lucky to find them all last summer during garage sale season! ♥

      Delete
  10. Our spring has been very off and on here in CT .... warm{ish} some days, then freezing again .... really can't wait till it STAYS warm! Thanks for the beautiful pics, I always love seeing what you're up to! And for inspiring me about prayer ... I have definitely fallen into that blah, routine kind of praying lately and need to become more devoted with my quiet times again. As always, love your blog! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kathy! it is easy to get into a comfortable routine and not feel that passion for the Lord as be strong ... keep goin! i love to write my "prayer time" down in my journal instead of just talking in my head :) it keeps me awake! and it allows me to go back and look at what i was praying about and where He has brought me! much love ♥

      Delete
  11. You are adorable and I love your site!! I randomly found you and you first caught my interest since we share the same spelling of our name (sort of rare!), and of course you kept my interest with everything on your site. I look forward to reading more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love every thing and I follow you on instagram too !
    Maddalena

    ReplyDelete

comments ♥ i just love them and read them all (sometimes twice) (heehee) ...

Blogging tips